Moving to the East Logan Water District?
- We require everyone to pay a deposit on their meter.
- Our deposits start at $100.00 but will also require a $50.00 connection fee
- We keep your deposit in an interest bearing account and will credit the interest your deposit earns to your water account on a yearly basis.
- Your deposit is refundable upon disconnection of service.
- Upon disconnection of service, your final bill will be taken from your deposit.
Building in the East Logan Water District?
- A normal ¾” meter will cost a total of $850.00. This pays for your deposit and inspection fee. This also pays for the tap to be made and meter set at your address. (As long as there is a water main that serves your area.)
- The home owner is responsible for running his/her own line from the meter to the home, barn, etc.
- Only one residence may be served by a meter at any given time.
- ELWD does require that a cut off valve be installed within two (2) feet of the water meter on the customer side.
- ELWD will start billing a minimum bill whether or not you are hooked up to your meter within one (1) month of installing meter.
- You agree to pay either a minimum bill or your actual usage for 12 months before this service can be disconnected.
- We do require that you have a plumbing permit or a farm exempt certificate prior to us unlocking your meter. Both of these can be obtained from the Health Department. Their number is 270-726-8341.